Hair Now After care - Hair extensions 01362 693999 www.beautynow.webs.com
- Before washing
hair,brush gently with a bristle cushion brush.
De-tangle the ends then brush from the roots to the tips. Make
sure that the hair extensions have been separated in the root area..
- Wash hair extensions at least once a week to prevent natural oils from building up on the scalp area.
- An oil free recommended shampoo should always be used.
- The head should
be in an upright position (i.e. in the shower or sitting in the
bath) so that the hair flows in a vertical direction down the sides
of the head.
The water should be warm otherwise matting may occur.
- DO NOT rub or
massage when washing. Use you fingers to stroke the
shampoo gently into the hair from the roots to the tips.
- Rinse thoroughly
using clean running water, gently squeeze but DO NOT rub to remove
DO NOT not massage or rub.
- Before washing hair,brush gently with a bristle cushion brush.
Apply conditioner, using downward stroking movements from mid-legnth to the ends leave on hair for the recommended time. DO NOT comb through hair, rinse thoroughly avoid bonded areas near the scalp. Do not use heavy protein or silicone based conditioners as it may cause the hair to matt or tangle.
- After washing
and conditioning, wrap a towel around the hair and pat gently to
remove excess water.
(do not rub extensions).
extensions at the roots before drying, de-tangle hair from the
working upwards with a wide toothed comb. Apply and leave in
conditioner from mid-length to the ends, then dry thoroughly with a dryer using a medium heat.
- If the hair
extensions are longer than 10" then place in a loose plait
and secure with a covered band on the end before going to bed at night.
- NEVER sleep on wet or damp extensions, the extensions should always be dry.
- Always hold the
extensions whilst brushing to avoid placing tension on the roots,
never back comb the roots area.
- Brush hair and de-tangle regularly and wash frequently if the scalp is greasy.
- Electric curling
tongs and hot brushes may be used, but avoid the bonded areas
as direct heat may soften and distort the bonds.
- DO NOT wash hair
for 24 hours. A leave in conditioner may be used
mid-length to ends only, do not use on the root area.
- Your hair extensions can be worn for up to 3mths, and should be removed after for re-dress. This is due to the regrowth of your hair and to avoid unnecessary stress to the natural hair
- After washing and conditioning, wrap a towel around the hair and pat gently to remove excess water.
For additional grooming tips and After Care Products please consult our salon.